At the Weill Cornell Medicine Multiple Sclerosis Center, our expert neurologists diagnose MS and related disorders using the latest medical advancements. We help patients achieve the best quality of life possible.
We treat all demyelinating diseases - conditions that damage the protective layers (myelin sheath) of the nerve fibers, optic nerve and spinal cord, including:
- Multiple sclerosis: the most common demyelinating disease, which affects the central nervous system.
- Clinically isolated syndrome: a condition in which patients experience a single, isolated episode of MS symptoms.
- Neuromyelitis optica: a demyelinating disease that affects the optic nerves and spinal cord.
- Optic neuritis: inflammation of the optic nerve in one or both eyes.
- Transverse myelitis: inflammation of the spinal cord.