We are dedicated to assisting neurologists and physicians within the community in the diagnosis and care of their patients. Comprehensive consultations for diagnostic and/or treatment questions are conducted by one of the attending MS specialists. Referring physicians may request one-time consultations, short-term consultations or assumption of care. The MS Center commonly fulfills requests to evaluate patients for:
- Atypical findings on MRI.
- Confirmation of an MS diagnosis.
- Ascertainment of treatment efficacy in an established patient.
- Review of treatment options.
- Discussion of adverse events associated with biologic and pharmacologic MS therapies.
- Family/genetic counseling in multiplex families.
- Discussion of clinical trials.
- Advanced diagnostic testing (high-field MRI, OCT, PET).
- Rehabilitative medicine.
We understand the sense of urgency and psychological stress within a patient with suspected MS, and thus every effort is made to evaluate patients within one week of referral. Referring physicians receive copies of our complete evaluation.